In this article I'm introducing you to my own personal Adobe Captivate course building template. It's the one I've been developing and using for the past several years in my work as an Instructional Designer and E-learning Developer. This is the template I now take with me from client-to-client when I'm working under contract. I've found it saves an enormous amount of time in the course development process, and in the YouTube video below I provide a brief overview of the different sections it contains and why I use it.
However, please be aware that this is DEFINITELY NOT one of those simple Captivate templates you may have seen advertised on the internet with glitzy slide backgrounds plus eye-candy graphics or avatars and cartoon characters thrown in to dress up the content. This template is ALL about functionality rather than look-and-feel like most other templates.
Watch the YouTube video below
I give you a quick overview of how this template works, why it's so different to most others, and how I use it professionally.
If you think this template is for you, download the Zip file below containing the template for your particular version of Adobe Captivate. (Please note that the Cp7 and Cp8 zip files below contain CPTX versions of the template instead of CPTL due to the Advanced Action and Variable duplication issue currently affecting those versions of Captivate. You can learn more about that in this later blog post.)
- Infosemantics template for Adobe Captivate 5.5
- Infosemantics template for Adobe Captivate 6x
- Infosemantics template for Adobe Captivate 7x
- Infosemantics template for Adobe Captivate 8x (not responsive design)
WARNING: There are a few caveats about this template!
- Since I'm not selling this template as a product, you need to be aware that it doesn't come with a warranty and I'm not offering technical support to debug any files you might choose to create with it. You're getting it for free as a bonus for being on my mailing list, and for being an Infosemantics customer.
- This template has a lot of built-in goodies that I use professionally when I build courses for clients. But that also means it's not really designed for rank Captivate beginners. So, if you decide to use this template to create your own courses, make sure you watch all of the videos I release about it FIRST! Please don't expect me to be responsible for fixing anything you break.
- I am not putting this template up for sale (as I do with our other Infosemantics widgets and e-books) because I want to keep developing and adding more features to it first. So, I will be releasing more advanced versions of this template over time. But that also means that at some point in the future I reserve the right to remove these links to the free template versions and redirect you to a for sale version if you want to continue using it. If I do that, then THAT version of the template will come with support.
- I'm happy to accept any ideas you may have for enhancements or additions to the template. But since I'm only really using it for my own projects at this stage, I reserve the right to decline to build in anything for which I don't see a very good justification.
And that's about it. Enjoy!
If you are a logged in user of the Infosemantics website, feel free to post any comments or questions about the template.
(Only clients that have purchased products from Infosemantics will have a log-in user account. This restriction was introduced to block the zillions of spammers from entering useless comments on posts.)