- Free Stuff
About Infosemantics Event Handler Widget
Adobe Captivate's default set of interactive objects is limited to buttons, click-boxes, and rollover slidelets. To expand these possibilities, the Infosemantics Event Handler Widget allows you to turn any Captivate caption, image, highlight box, or animation into an interactive object which can respond to a wide array of mouse events such as:
- Roll Over
- Roll Out
- Mouse Down
- Mouse Up
- Double Click
- Right Click
If you want to try it out before buying, you can download free trial versions of all current Infosemantics widgets here.
What you can do with Event Handler
This widget opens up a world of possibilities for Captivate users seeking to add greater interactivity to ActionScript 3 e-learning courses. For example:
- It gives you a way to beat Captivate's annoying interactive Catch 22.
- Make any text caption respond to a user's mouseover or click.
- Make an image act like a button and execute one of Captivate's Advanced Actions when clicked.
- Add an animated arrow from Captivate's gallery of animations and turn it into a clickable button.
- Pause your Captivate movie to allow for unlimited clicks on interactive objects.
- Trigger multiple actions on a single object from any one of the available events.
Check out this YouTube video by Dr Alan Partridge of Adobe where Event Handlers are used to create interactive custom buttons that play sounds.
PLEASE NOTE: Event Handler can only be used in Captivate projects published as ActionScript 3.